What you need to know:
Due to current and forecasted weather conditions, a FIRE ADVISORY is now in effect for The Town of Pincher Creek, MD of Pincher Creek, Village of Cowley and the Piikani First Nation.
• Any burning without a permit/notification to burn within the MD and Town of Pincher Creek. Burning within the Forest Protection area must follow Agriculture and Forests listed restriction for the Calgary Forest area( see Link below. Green line denotes boundary) to determine if your land falls in this zone.
• Recreational fireworks at anytime as per municipal bylaw.
• Debris burns (with a valid permit/notification to burn)
• Backyard fire pits/Burnning Barrels (with a valid permit)
• All wood burning BBQ's including pellet smokers and
• Portable propane fire pits
• Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
• Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
Use care with equipment on the land with winds and dry conditions even safe practices such as mowing lawns and harvest can create a potential hazard.
The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until further notice. Conditions will continue to be monitored.